Key components of a Marketing research brief include3:
1. Market and strategic overview
Explain to the researcher how this project fits to the strategic marketing plan of the company.
– Market definition
– Competitive forces affecting current situation
1. Background and role of the research
– Reasons for the research
– Contribution of the research to the current marketing plan development
– Which business units are concerned, who is involved
– Possible constraints
– What business objective does the research serve
– Research objectives in detail
3. Suggested approach and research targets
– Preferred method of survey and target group identification
4. Reporting requirements
– Presenting findings: Top line report or final report, presentation tools, arrangement of presentation meetings.
– Proposed time schedule
– Estimated costs, definition of budget elements
7. Existing research or other information
– Avoid duplication of information and save resources by communicating any past helpful material.